Have you ever thought your life is on track when suddenly a light bulb comes on and you realize you're in a comfortable "Rut".
I noticed that something is missing in my life, each day is the same, no challenges. I realize I'm living in a "rut". By not accomplishing anything, I'm restless with an undercurrent of stress. I need to climb out of my rut.
For years I've written stories and even have drafts for two different books, one draft has 22,000 words and the other has 12,000 words; plus numerous short stores. Yet I've only tried once to publish a short story. I decided the way to climb out of the rut is to try to have something published.
I have been following a blog by Rachelle Gardner since the first part of the year. She is a literary agent with a very helpful blog Rachelle Gardners well as offering services, particularly an Author's school. At the time, there was a waiting list, so I signed up. At the first part of September I received notice that a space was available. I thought about it and decided that if I didn't publish now, I never would, so I'm now a member of the Author School. And it is so worth it! The main focus in the first two sessions is sitting down and writing. There are links to help us overcome the obstacle of procrastination! Learning our temperament so that we can learn to work around what causes us to put off writing. Such as being a type of person who will do anything for others but not schedule time for myself to write; or if I schedule the time, sit there and organize my desk, my notebooks, anything to not write. Starting on October 1, I decided that I would try to write 500 words four days a week. I haven't been successful every day, but it has encouraged me to start blogging again as a way to write 500 words a day.


1 comment:
I have been wondering why you have not been writing recently. I am glad that you have taken that leap of faith and joined up. My best wishes that your works get published soon.
Post a Comment