My daughter and grandkids 2008-when I turned 60
To continue from yesterdays post, there were other positive results from having knee surgery, besides being able to walk, such as having my daughter and grand kids come from Oklahoma and stay with me two weeks. I thoroughly enjoyed having them around. Even with all that child energy popping about! They've reached that age where they will sit and talk a while.
Jennifer, my daughter, is my best friend. She's a great cook, much better than me; truth be told, I hate cooking, I can, but it's not up there with things I really enjoy doing. When she was growing up, I had to work full time, it was just her and me,so we ate a lot of canned and frozen foods, rarely did we have cooked from scratch meals. I have a feeling I owe my sister Susan and my sister-in-law Nancy for Jennifer's love of cooking. They both are really good cooks and enjoyed teaching her. Since she does love to cook, the two weeks she was taking care of me while I recouped from the knee surgery, I had DELICIOUS meals! She made this Mandarin orange and pecan salad that was to die for!
She, Shelby and Sean arrived on Sunday the 22nd of December after I had the surgery on the 17th. They were able to stay until January 3rd. One of Jennifer's many good points is that she's a caregiver.
Shelby, Jennifer and Sean 2008 OSU Campus


1 comment:
Yes, the family and friends coming over to cheer one up during and after the surgery is the, dare I say, icing on the cake!
Post a Comment