
My Laptop Keyboard!
As you know, I'm having trouble with my keyboard; I finally called the best IT person ever! Robert is a wiry fellow, who only knows two speeds, race or sleep. He's helpful and doesn't mind teaching me a thing or two. He worked on the computers and software at the company I retired from. My problem was that the "Help Menu" kept popping up, tabbed out to 30+ tabs. I couldn't continue using my laptop, so I slammed the lid closed, and I came so close to throwing it against the wall; it has been a lemon from the day I bought it and I thought I would have to buy a new one. But before I replaced it, I called Robert to check it out to be sure there wasn't a virus.
I learned a few things: It wasn't a virus, but stuck keys and he could replace the keyboard frame! Lastly, never buy a computer with Intel i3; that's why I received such a good deal, HP was having problems with that series, and Robert and I personally feel that they wanted to get rid of them before announcing they discontinuing making the series!
I did have to go online to order a keyboard frame, which cost $32.99 (this included shipping), this definitely beat the $400.00+ to purchase a new computer. Hopefully by Tuesday, it will be fixed.
4 comments:
Always a good idea to consult an expert where computers are concerned. I consult my son who is my resident geek.
You are fortunate to have a go to computer person. I usually have to figure things out on my own (thank you internet help and YouTube how-to videos), but I'd likely save a lot of time and worry if I had a good I.T. person to give me advice. Glad you found a relatively easy solution to your problem.
Computer stuff can get so frustrating and expensive.
Arlee Bird
Tossing It Out
Amazing post with lots of informative and useful and amazing content. Well written and done!! Thanks for sharing keep posting.
It's surprising how easily a laptop keyboard can be replaced.
Post a Comment