Napa Cabbage
Have you tried or tasted Napa cabbage? I did, quite by accident and found a new favorite food. The taste is unique or what I mean is that it doesn't taste like any other food. You know the old saying, "It tastes like chicken", well it doesn't.
I was reading on the internet about Iceberg lettuce having no flavor, calories or nutritious value try other leafy greens like Napa cabbage. So I went out and bought a head. At first I used it like lettuce on a sandwich, it was great! Then I noticed how crunchy and flavorful the leaves were. Just a note here, I did discover the bottom white of the leaves were tough and lacked flavor, so before I start pulling off leaves, and before I wash, I take the whole head and cut off two inches from the bottom, this made the leaves perfect.
As I stated, I noticed how crunchy, flavorful and sturdy the leaves were, so I placed a slice of turkey breast, a dab of mayo and a tomato, folded it together, lengthwise, and ate it like a sandwich. It was delicious! Since than I have continually substituted the leaves as bread, chips or crackers. Such as taking a good slice of onion, dicing it on a plate, mix with a drained can of blackeyed peas, one tablespoon of mayonnaise, a tablespoon of ketchup, and a quarter cup of finely shredded Colby/Cheddar. Take four of the leaves and spread some of the mixture on them and eat like a cracker.
The nutritious value of Napa is that it comes under the zero calorie foods you can eat as much as you want. Go to this link for more information Napa
The nutritious value of Napa is that it comes under the zero calorie foods you can eat as much as you want. Go to this link for more information Napa
1 comment:
I have to try it. I don't particularly like iceberg lettuce so I am really curious :-)
Post a Comment