Monday, February 22, 2010

Monday, Monday! And Sister update...


The weekend is over and it time to start again!  It's a gray day, so far.  In the 50's and I hope it stays that way.  I'm ready for Spring! 

I'm coming off medicine that I've been taking since October. It's one of those prescriptions that I have to gradually decrease the dosage for several weeks before I can stop.  I dislike this kind of medicine.  Right now I have the noise in the ears and the electric current that runs up the spine when I move or blink the eyes! I should be off of it by this weekend though.
My sister Susan, you can read about her Here and Here, was coming along so nicely after all that she's been through.  She's walking without her cane and even able to get out and drive.  She called me last Wednesday very upset.  She had an MRI on Tuesday and wasn't due to go back until Thursday for the results.  Unfortunately, the doctors office called early on Wednesday wanting her to come in.  They scared her to death, not giving any information only telling her "to be careful".  The results were that she has a tumor between her skull and brain. They're not concerned about this as it's small and not being fed by the brain.  What they are concerned about is the scarring on her brain and the fact that she has three herniated disks.  Two which will require immediate surgery.  They're concerned about where the scarring came from.  They're doing tests to rule out MS.  Why they told her to be careful we're not sure.  Needless to say, she needs your prayers.  So please keep her in mind.  Her biggest concern is having to repeat her long rehibilitation.  She's upset about that.  I tried to reassure her, though I understand.  She was just beginning to get her life back!

Hope y'all have a great day!

16 comments:

Mattenylou said...

Judy- prayers for your sister, and for you, too.

Take care.

Mommy Attorney said...

Oh my - I hadn't heard about Susan. She's definitely in our prayers!

Jenny said...

That sounds like such terrifying news about your sister. That must be so difficult for you...keeping a stiff upper lip while feel so much worry. You are both in my prayers!

Agnes said...

Oh my, Judy, I hope she'll will be OK. Be strong Judy.

Mighty M said...

Praying for your sister - so much to deal with!

Judy Harper said...

Thanks y'all. I appreciate your support and prayers!

Jules said...

Stay strong for your sis, she needs you. Hope you're feeling better going off your meds too.

Journaling Woman said...

Praying for your sister and for you! Take care.

Rummuser said...

My prayers to the two of you. My disgust at the way the doctors have handled the whole issue. Very insensitive.

Marianna said...

The "be careful" is likely a caution due to the location in the brain. At least that's what I assume.

Been there, done that, so I understand her reluctance at the lengthy rehab, but given the alternative...

Fingers, eyes legs crossed for her. My heartfelt thoughts go out to all of you, sending my virtual and energetic support.

Elizabeth Patch said...

Hello Judy! I was so happy to see your face again among the comments left for my special SITS day. I hope all goes well for both you & your sister.

Tired Mom Tesa said...

Oh, that's tough. I am thinking about her and spending positive thoughts her way.

Hope you're feeling better soon too.

Stephen Tremp said...

Blogs and other social networking sits are great because you can share the ups and downs of your life and receive prayer partners. I'll be one for you and your sister.

Stephen Tremp

Teresa @ ♥ TOO MANY HEARTBEATS ♥ said...

Wow, Judy, I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. I'm also sad that you're having trouble coming off your medication. I have some pretty good guesses as to what it may be after working for a family practice doc for several years. I will most definitely keep you both in my prayers.

For a little fun, I'd love for you to stop by my blog soon. Today, I posted a YouTube video of my husband from when he was a paramedic and was featured on the TV show, Rescue 911. It is about 21 years old but it is still cool to watch!

Anyway, I hope you have a wonderfully blessed weekend. Talk to you soon.

Teresa <><

The Redhead Riter said...

You have received something special at my blog posting

http://theredheadriter.blogspot.com/2010/02/angel-mothers-bringing-beautiful.html

I hope you have a great weekend.

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Just stopping by to thank you for visiting me on my SITS day and leaving me some blog love! Everyone was so sweet and I really enjoyed the day!

Blessings,
LMM