Saturday, February 20, 2010

Spring is in the Air!

This is what I feel like doing today-lie out in the nice warm sun!

What a difference a week makes!  Last Saturday, Alabama, along with the nation, suffered from cold, snow and ice.  Today it's sixty degrees, very little wind and plenty of sun.  It gives the impression of Spring.  I can hear birds giving off their songs out of sheer enjoyment.  There's even sounds of a few lawn mowers.  I opened my curtains so the sun could light up and warm the room.  The cats are taking this in with enjoyment.  They even have had a few hisses and spats because there's not enough sun spots, so it's first come, first serve.

I had to work today at the office.  I have an audit coming up next Thursday so I'm making sure all is well.  Afterwards I had to stop by WalMart's to buy food to cook for tonight's Sunday School social.  On the way home I stopped and bought a hamburger.  When I pulled into the carport, I rolled down the window and just listened.  Have you ever talked to a wild bird?  While I was sitting there eating my hamburger, a black bird flew to a tree by my car and started chattering. So I'm sitting there watching him, and he's hanging onto his limb watching me.  So I casually asked him what he's doing.  He then proceeded to tell me.  It was the funniest thing because it sounded like he said "nothing!" I kid you not!  I know, you're probably thinking she's finally flipped out.  Have any of y'all ever carried on a conversation with an animal?


China Doll is sitting here by my computer with the above expression on her face as I write.  Usually she stays in the bedroom, so I feel privileged that she came out.  Though I think she wants me to get her something to snack on.

Hope y'all have a great day and are having the same beautiful weather!







3 comments:

Mattenylou said...

60 degrees??? Can I come visit? We are having a bit of a thaw here in New England, but that just makes everything a quagmire of mud... have no fear, more snow is a-coming, on Tuesday.

I have a conversation all the time with my furry kids! in the summertime I talk to the phoebes in the yard and they answer me....

yeesh, I just reread what I wrote... I need to get a life!

Agnes said...

Oh no, I totally believe you Judy -- I think animals do have a lot to say.

And yes, at long last, Spring is in the air! Yay!

arlee bird said...

It's been a while, but when I used to have dogs living around me I would often talk to them. I'd always swear they were looking at me, frustrated that they couldn't speak back in my language or that I couldn't understand their telepathic messages.