Monday, December 21, 2009

JUST ABOUT TODAY IN MY LIFE-What a difference a year makes!

Tomorrow is Tuesday, which makes Christmas three days away.  Last Christmas I was recouping from a total knee replacement.  I had my daughter and grandkids here. The surgery took place on Wednesday, December 17th.  I went home on Sunday the 21st.  This was after taking steps and learning how to use a walker.  One year to the day, I still don't regret the surgery!  My knees are pain free!  I can do more and move more compared to this time last year.  I've decided to post pictures from that time, hope y'all enjoy! If you want to read more about my knew replacement, you can go HereHere  and Here .

 Just a note.  Due to my knee, I slept on the sofa in the livingroom where the Christmas tree and presents were.  Jennifer managed to get the kids to bed by ten o'clock.  I still had stitches and if I laid too long in one position, I became very uncomfortable.  So I hadn't really gone into a deep sleep when I heard the swinging door from the kitchen into the dinningroom, located at the end of the livingroom, open.  I looked at my clock, it was two o'clock in the morning.  There was hushed whispering from Shelby and Sean.  They backed out convinced I was asleep and unsure what to do, though I did hear a gasp from Sean, "Santa's been here!  Look these are yours and there's mine."

Five minutes later the door opened again.  At this point I asked them why didn't they turn the lights on, which they were happy to do.  Before they opened their presents though, they had to go and wake their Mom who wanted to be in on watching them see what Santa brought.


Sean, I think he may be pleased with a present! Christmas 2008



Shelby likes her presents too, Christmas 2008



I think this is a DVD player, Christmas 2008


Boots are made for walking, Christmas 2008


The aftermath with Max in the middle, Christmas 2008



Snow!

Won't be long before we can officially say 
"MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Max, all tuckered out, Christmas 2008

13 comments:

The Redhead Riter said...

I'm loving the snow!

Now I'm spreading the word and I hope you don't mind, but it is for a good cause...

IT COSTS YOU NOTHING…Please do this for a sick child. http://theredheadriter.blogspot.com/2009/12/if-youre-blessed-take-minute.html

Agnes said...

Awww, your grandchildren are so beautiful, Judy.

Cats love boxes :-) And bags... and ribbons :-)

Merry Christmas Judy.

sheeza said...

oh what happened to your knee and now how long it would take you to be perfectly healthy?

get well soon.

Judy Harper said...

Agnes-Thank you so much! Cats do love boxes, I even have one that loves to sit and tear off the carboard! I haven't figured that one out!

Sheeza-The padding between my bones wore away so it became painful to walk. Therefore knee replacement. I'm well and have been for some time. Actually, it's like having a new knee. I'm able to do stuff I haven't done in years.

Mighty M said...

Were they opening presents at 2:30 in the morning??? I hope my kids continue to sleep in!! :)

Judy Harper said...

M-Yes, they were opening their presents at 2:30 am! Of course they were back in bed by 3:30 am.

Dori said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family dear Judy! :)Hugs to you!

Mommy Attorney said...

I'm a bit jealous of your knees. Mine are already hurting me!

Helen McGinn said...

How lovely! I love the pics and how you happened to be there...not the surgery part of course! I thought you were going to say it was Santa! ;O)

Judy, have a lovely Christmas and a Happy New Year. xx

Elizabeth Patch said...

Merry Christmas Judy and thanks for all the comment love you've shown my blog!

jenie said...

everyone's seems caught up in the whirwind of activities, and it's understandable ;)

..but I am here dear to actually invite you to see me tag you on my signing off. hope to see you there...kindda missing your visits now ;)

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Hi there! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. :) I loved reading about your Christmas past. :)

MelRoXx said...

great pics!