Sunday, December 20, 2009

JUST ABOUT TODAY IN MY LIFE-Family Christmas, Carols, Candlelight and Communion!


My sister-in-law

My sister-in-law taught me a new thing today.  A professional photographer told her to lean forward, head up and arm back.  This would make you neck and face look slimmer, hide your stomach and give you more line in your body, what do you think?  I guess you can tell we had fun at our family Chirstmas lunch today.  Since we were going to be entertaining our kids, we decided to have an adult lunch today, you know with steaks, salad, Sister Shebert rolls, Tiramisu (homemade by me) and "Hello Dollies"!

Elizabeth, the pictures below are for you to see how much we enjoyed the "Hello Dollies"!  Should any of you want the recipe, here's the link to "Hello Dollies".



Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, Walnuts & Coconut! Oh so chewey!
I used walnuts, but you can use pecans as well!


My neice gave them a thumbs up!

I also brought some to my Sunday School class this morning as well.  I didn't take their pictures, but they also thought they were delicious!

Today was a bright sunny cold day here.  The high only reached 49 degrees.  Good feel for Christmas.

Today my church celebrated the Christmas season with the Christmas story from Luke 2:8-14.  BE, my minister, brought out a different slant to Luke's version.  He said that this could almost be called "The Gospel According to the Angels!" as it is a story to the Shepherds and the sheep.  Some of his points were that the Angels/Luke brought out this story (1)banishes Fear! (2) That Jesus is the Savior (3) That He is for all people (4) That He is for the individual (5) That He is Peace for all who accept Him.

Had you ever thought about the Shepherds?  Did you know they usually were outcasts and not accepted in religious events?  The way BE tied this to sheep is that there would be some sheep that would be sacrificed at the alter, they would be giving up their lives.  This equates to people in that those who follow and give up their lives for Him need not fear.  In Sunday School we talked about Ruth and Naomi.  Did you know Naomi means "Peace" and Ruth means "Refresher"?  Had you ever thought about the fact that Ruth was a Maobite, an Arab woman who worshiped a pagan idol when she married Naomi's son.  Yet no where in Ruth do you find Naomi bringing this up.  Naomi accepted Ruth as she was.  She didn't try to change Ruth, but set an example of love, so much so  that Ruth wanted to follow Naomi back to Bethlehem and "make Naomi's people her people, Naomi's God her God". Wouldn't we like to have a mother-in-law like that! The book of Ruth is a beautiful story!

 
The Poinsettias were beautiful!


Co\
Communion



Have you ever seen this color before?  Isn't it beautiful!


ALMOST TIME TO SAY, "MERRY CHRISTMAS!" won't be long!


11 comments:

sheeza said...

wow it really seems that u all were enjoyed alot.

great judy!!

quite a fun moments we can see.

and yes i ll go for the recipe it looks beautiful and so delicious.

giftsofthejourney said...

Glad to see the Hello Dollies were a hit Judy.

I was up until 2:00 am baking more of them for some parties and people. I'm off to bake 50 to 60 cinnamon rolls from scratch next.

I hope the dough rises. :)

Stephen Tremp said...

The treats look awesomely delicious, but I'm staying away from them this year. Someone gave me a box of See's chocolates, but I'm re-gifting it to someone else. I need to be careful this year and eat better than I did lduring last holidays.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Stephen Tremp

Agnes said...

Merry Christmas to you too, Judy :-)

Judy Harper said...

Sheeza-we did have a good time. HOw do y'all celebrate Christmas in Pakistan?

Elizabeth-I used fresh coconut too! My grandkids and I are going to make these while we're together!

Stephen-You are a strong person to eat well during the holidays! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Agnes-Hope you have a great holiday!

Judy Harper said...

Sheeza-we did have a good time. HOw do y'all celebrate Christmas in Pakistan?

Elizabeth-I used fresh coconut too! My grandkids and I are going to make these while we're together!

Stephen-You are a strong person to eat well during the holidays! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Agnes-Hope you have a great holiday!

Angry Julie Monday said...

Those look delicious!Happy Holidays!!! Stopping in from SITS!

thishumanscondition said...

Oh, my! I could use all the help I can get to look a bit slimmer in photos. Especially because I WANT those Hello Dollies! Lots of them! Thanks for stopping by @ www.thishumanscondition.wordpress.com !

Happy Holidays to you!

Judy Harper said...

Julie-Thanks for stopping by!

This-I know, those Hello Dollies were delicious! Thanks for stopping by!

Victoria D. said...

HI! Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love this post. It looks like you are having so much fun with your family during the holidays. I'm so envious b/c my family is kind of dysfunctional.

I'm going to tell my aunt about your site. I can tell she'll love it! and of course I'll be revisiting too.

Thanks so much!

-Victoria D.

sheeza said...

well here in Pakistan the celebrations of Christmas is quite in different way.

Shopping malls were decorated and our President and Prime minister and other ministers pass them their heartist greetings. thats all..