Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Cutting The Cord!

Borrowed from "Free Pictures" HERE

     
     After not doing my lawn care for a year, I've decided to start doing it again. I chose to do this for two reasons, save on money and exercise. I don't like having to watch my pennies so close, but I don't want to go back to work either. I'm liking this retired way of life. I remember in the past talking with someone who was newly retired and their response would be "I'm so busy I don't have time to be retired"; I use to  think, "right". But I've discovered it's true. That's a story for another day.
     Back to doing my own yardwork. Thankfully my grandson cut my lawn right before he returned home, so I've only had to cut it once.  But I've put off trimming the bushes until today. I primed myself this morning; determined I got up early, quickly ate breakfast, grabbed the heavy duty extension cords and preceded to hook everything up. With gloves on I trimmed one side, then another and headed for the top, when suddenly there was a sizzle and the trimmer stopped. I tried the button to run it and the safety guard button, nothing! I thought, great, it hasn't worked in so long, plus it is old, now I'll have to buy another. I headed back to the house and had only walked a few steps when I realized I had cut the cord! Never in the years I've trimmed bushes had I done that before! I really felt out of shape! This prompted me to take a water and blogging break; inside where it's cool.
     Cutting the cord can mean a lot of things, but sometimes it's one of those "just about my day".

 By Judy Harper (To the right of this puddle is where the bushes are located)

1 comment:

N Harper said...

I hate yard work! Hope you are doing it during the coolest part of the day!