Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Who Knew That When He Left, He Couldn't Be Replaced!

Host Johnny Carson is shown on "The Tonight Show" for his final
 broadcast in Burbank, Calif. ASSOCIATED PRESS

    
            PBS has a series titled American Masters.  This past Monday night, their show was about Johnny Carson, The King of the Late Night Shows.  I remember Jack Parr, and I've watched Jay Leno, David Letterman, Conan and several others. I have to agree, Johnny Carson was the best.  As a matter of fact, I don't watch any of the current late night shows because they're hurtful and at times hateful.  They're no fun!
     One of the participants on the show made the following statement, "Johnny himself thought the Tonight Show could continue on without him, who knew that when he left, he would take it with him." That is an awesome statement to make about someone.     
     

2 comments:

A said...

An awesome statement indeed.

jules said...

I totally agree. No one has ever been able to fill his shoes. I've never watched another late night show since he left.