Saturday, April 24, 2010

I Have Decided I'm Not Mechanical!


Daisies, one of my favorite flowers!


I woke up this morning in a productive mood! Of course a lot of my day was spent in front of the TV watching the weather and looking out the window to make sure it was rain and not the wind. Talk about a lot of rain! Thankfully my small area of Alabama didn't have any sever weather.  Unfortunately, the same can't be said for Mississippi.  Have you ever noticed how green the outside looks in the spring with rain. The colors seem darker and so many shades of green, from the grass, to the flowers and then the trees.  I now have enough new small green branches that blew off the trees to make a squirrels nest!

I tried to organize my projects this morning, and chose to put a CD cabinet together.  I started this project before lunch and finally had to put it aside as I am ready to throw it out the door.  After I stopped, I picked up the instructions and realized that the drawings started by putting together the items from the front, but by the second section, it turned the cabinet over and was showing the directions from the back. Now, I consider myself a fairly smart individual, when it comes to numbers and such, but a draftsman I'm not.  From this, I decided I'm not mechanical. I don't understand why it's that difficult! I made the mistake of changing a light bulb on my deck, I studied the light fixture for several days, I'm telling you, there was no way to twist that bulb out and pull it through the opening of the surrounding glass.  So I finally loosened the screws holding the glass frame and removed the glass and bulb.  I now have a fixture with a bulb that burns, but no glass and frame.  I wonder why it is so difficult to do mechanical or technical stuff? I'd rather balance a checkbook anyday! Oh well, I can load the dishwasher without too much trouble, once I make myself go to the kitchen and perform the task.  Which I need to do now! Hope everyone has a great Saturday night!

6 comments:

arlee bird said...

Judy, my dear, where on earth have you been! I have been thinking about you, and hoping to see a sign of your presence, but alas, no. I have been so busy in April with this Blogging From A to Z April Challenge
which has been totallly consuming my time of late. It has indeed been incredible so please do check it out and try to follow us in our final week. Glad that you are back. You must surely have some kind of story to tell!

Lee
May 3rd A to Z Challenge Reflections Mega Post

Mattenylou said...

I lack mechanical skills, too, big time. I gave up buying that furniture that needed to be put together. I've found some really nice bargain pieces at tag sales instead.

Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

You've gotten a lot done, Judy! Hope you have a chance to put your feet up for the second half of the weekend. :)

Elizabeth
Mystery Writing is Murder

Agnes said...

Judy!! Welcome "back".
I totally agree, the colors are so different. Especially the greens. So so so pretty.
And Judy? I am not mechanical either :-D

Stephen T. McCarthy said...

Dang! Where the heck have you been?
I hope you brought a note from your doctor. Otherwise, we won't be able to allow you back in class. (And according to this Blog Bit, you have plenty yet to learn!)

~ Stephen
"As a dog returns to his own vomit,
so a fool repeats his folly."
~ Proverbs 26:11

Judy Harper said...

Thanks guys. I appreciate your comments.What is that old spy joke, I'd tell you where I've been, but I'd have to kill you. lol Not really.