Monday, January 11, 2010

What About A Three Day Weekend?


Remember the feel of the hot sand as you walked across it, thinking hot, hot, hot! With the hot sun bearing down on your skin? Wearing a swimsuit and shorts because it is so hot! The face becomes red and hot from the sun rays! Thought I'd give you a moment of summer heat and let you feel the hot!

Do you find a two day weekend isn't long enough to accomplish all you need to do?  I need one day to just relax and do nothing except veg out, blog or nap while I watch television.  Then a day for chores and Sunday to be filled spiritually. I think it has to do with the weather being cold, the days being short and dark.  I think I'm like a bear, I want to hibernate in the winter and only come out in the Spring!

As I've stated before, I'm doing the NaBloPomo for January, it has been an eye opener.  I feel like I'm bouncing around from topic to topic.  Maybe I need to focus on one topic on a particular day.  I wonder if that's what people gain from doing the daily posting?  Now that I think about it, those that have participated in the past do seem to go in one direction with their posts. Or maybe I need to get out and get a life to post about! LOL Then again, I guess it's difficult to make profound statements every day!

Hope y'all have a great week!


6 comments:

Stephen T. McCarthy said...

>>[Remember the feel of the hot sand as you walked across it, thinking hot, hot, hot!]<<

HA! That's EXACTLY right, Judy!
I grew up in the Los Angeles area and spent a good portion of the Summers at the beach, body-surfing, girl-watching, etc. And on hot Summer days, that first trek across the sand to establish our beach towel parking always had me thinking: HOT!-HOT!-HOT! I mean, that's EXACTLY what I'd be thinking inside this little pea brain of mine.

Ha!-Ha! This is so funny. I kid you not, I'm laughing out loud as I type this. I had no idea (until just now) that this was such a UNIVERSAL THOUGHT. I had no idea that all of my friends, trekking across the sand beside me - every one of them - was also thinking to him/herself: Hot!-Hot!-Hot!

And here I thought I was such an original. ;o)

~ "Lonesome Dogg" Stephen

Judy Harper said...

Stephen-You know, they should make a song from that, you know, hot,hot,hot! lol I know what you mean though, I've thought I'm the only one to say or do that and then find out there are a lot of others who say or do the same thing, takes the wind out of my sails for sure! Thanks for leaving a comment!

arlee bird said...

Is there a NaBloPoMo for January? It seems like I signed up for something sometime, but I haven't really been thinking about it. Still I been posting every day. As you probably are aware I've been adhering pretty much to a schedule of certain types of topics for certain days and it does help immensely. Don't know about the profundity of what I say everyday, but the words keep rolling. Gotta go back and check out that NaBloPoMo thing.
Lee
http://tossingitout.blogspot.com/

gaelikaa said...

I'm doing NaBloPoMo too though I missed a day. I'd already decided when the bereavement happened. It's a great goal....

sheeza said...

oh Judy i guess you like summer a lot. well oh for me....... no summer its too hot.

Agnes said...

I am ready for Spring :-)

I am impressed, you're posting daily, Judy. I am sure it's challenging at times -- you're doing great!