Thursday, January 21, 2010

JUST ABOUT TODAY!




Summer Vacation by Me, 2007

I'm not feeling well, so I'm going to make a short post.  You ever notice how being really tired dulls you reflexes and attention span?

Today is my twenty-first post for NaBloPoMo in the month of January.  Only eleven more days and I will have posted every day to my blog.

Can you name a funny childhood memories?  As a child, one of the houses (actually most of the houses) we lived in didn't have running water or indoor plumbing.  Our only heat was a pot bellied stove in the livingroom.  The well where we got our water was located on the back porch.  The water bucket we had was one of the long tube buckets, it looked like a cigar on the end of a rope. To pull up the water, the bucket was lowered into the well, when it was full of water, we pulled it back up and emptied it into a two gallon bucket with a handle .  One really cold winter, for whatever reason, my brother decided to stick his tongue to the icy bucket, where it immediately froze and remained there until I poured water over it to thaw it enough for him to pull it off.  Unfortunately, he left a bit of skin on the metal. Needless to say, he never tried that again.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Almost like the stairway to heaven!

8 comments:

Rummuser said...

As a young lad of perhaps four of five, I was playing with toy bows and arrows made by bending slivers of bamboo and tying the two ends with a string and using twigs for arrows. I shot on arrow which got stuck to a neighbor's little daughter's upper arm and she went running to her mother. I went nuts thinking that I had killed her and went and hid in the attic. After a couple of hours, my mother came looking for me and found me hiding there and told me nothing happened and the girl was alive and playing around.

Agnes said...

I know what you mean (being tired/attention span).

What a lovely painting Judy. I am so impressed you managed to post every single day :-)

Judy Harper said...

Ramana-What a scary moment for a 4-5 year old. Did you ever play with the bow and arrow again?

Agnes-It has been an experience, but a learning experience to post every day. It helped me to see that I need a focus, which is why I'm trying new staple subjects for different days. Subjects to post about on the same day of the week.

Jules said...

What a story! I've never heard of anyone actually doing that!

Stephen T. McCarthy said...

`
I hope you're feeling better soon, Judy!

Let's see... a funny childhood story? Hmmm... Well, there was the time I was at school and-- No, wait. Can't tell that one in public. Uhm... In 1968 my brother Napoleon went with our cousin to see-- Uh. No. Probably shouldn't talk about that one either. Well... how 'bout the time when I was a kid and my Pa was in this restaurant-- Er. Well... No. Never mind.

Uh... sorry, Judy, but I guess I can't think of any funny childhood stories. But I hope you feel much better very soon.

~ "Lonesome Dogg" Stephen

Mighty M said...

Funny story!

I hope you are feeling better soon!

sheeza said...

a funy story but resulting in little pain....

well i have lots of funny stories.... let me share one....

i was 7 years old when me and my friends first time did this.. due to some electrical work in grid station light wasn't coming in our area, and me and my friends on all the door bells and fixed with tape on it...

and when electricity came ... all the bells of a street rang simultaneouslt...:-D

and no one ever knowed that yet

Too Tired Tesa said...

That story is hilarious! I'm sure your brother never lived that one down.