Sunday, November 15, 2009

A Funny Thing Happened!

Yesterday, after I had finished mulching the leaves, I stood behind my car in the carport, talking to my Mom while she swept off the driveway and walkway.  Suddenly an acorn shot down and hit the house roof, it was loud enough that both of us looked up.  Then we were bombarded with acorns and leaves!  A bunch of black birds were in the tops of the trees pecking off acorns, stems and leaves, so they would fall to the ground.  We had to move out of the way to keep from being hit! I ran and grabbed my camera.  See the pictures below.  Have y'all ever had that happen to you?














China Doll, whom I bet would have liked chasing one of the black birds!



China Doll

5 comments:

Inside Out said...

Thank you for stopping in at Inside Out. I too am a bird watcher. I've seen your blog mentioned at Lee's, but I've only been there a few times so haven't followed any contacts yet. God bless your day!

gaelikaa said...

No, but....life is full of surprises....lovely cat!

Agnes said...

Oh wow I am smiling ear to ear.
China Doll would have been ecstatic, you're right! (Adorable cat!!!)
Cats LOVE birds :-)))
Have a wonderful week Judy :-)

sheeza said...

wow your cat is so cute.
white and fluffy.


and u really capture a strong moments of black birds.

♥ Teresa ♥ said...

Yep, I've seen that happen before. I remember watching my Papa (my dad's dad) rake leaves and acorns in the Fall as a child. Such good memories! I really miss him, he passed away when I was just 17. Your kitty is very pretty and I love her name!

Thanks for stopping by again. I always love your visits!

Have a great week!

Teresa <><