Saturday, October 3, 2009

Just About Today In My Life-I don't have it so bad after all!

Have you ever thought your life was the pits and don't understand how you're going to make it financialy, emotionally and spiritually?  Well, my problems are nothing compared to a blog I was reading yesterday morning.  She has the patience of Job, a love for her child that is so abounding that it makes me cry, home problems that are so numerous, and through all of this there isn't one ounce of self-pity coming through!  It's practical, this is my life, so I'll get through this.  Her sense of humor is there to pull her through and make her readers appreciate what she is saying.  After reading what she had to say I thought I really do have it good.

It's another beautiful day here in Alabama.  Cool enough that I had to turn the heat on for a bit to take the chill off the house. Are you one of those people that when it's cool, sun shining you want to work outside?  I am.  So my projects for the day are removing the old weed preventer sheets that didn't work from flower beds in my front yard, trim bushes and of course old faithful, "mow the yard"!

As I sit here writing, I can hear birds outside, singing their morning songs, my cats have had their breakfast and are bathing themselves before they take a nap after all their exertion from eating.  The loudest is  Colonel Mustard.  He's an orange, full Persian with amber eyes that are so expressive.  









Well, I better get up and get busy because the other project I could have is to lay around and just read, watch TV and relax.  Good heavens, what a thought!

7 comments:

Sheri Carpetenter said...

Thank you so much for your comment on my blog. You write beautifully. I love the pics of the cats. We have 5 cats in our house and I think they rule the dogs lol.
I look forward to reading more of your posts and getting to know you.
From SITS sister to another. It is great to meet you!!
Sheri

Mighty M said...

I will check this out, hope you have a wonderfully productive day!

MotherhoodFilm said...

So true! It's so important to remember our blessings.

Popping in from Twitter to let you know about my new movie about a Mommy Blogger! Follow me @MotherhoodFilm for chances to win tickets, prizes and more!

Agnes said...

Adorable cats :-) I love cats!

I agree, a little humor goes a long way :-)

Dori said...

I do love your cats :) So cute. And you are definitely right...we must always remember our blessings.

Jacqueline said...

Wow, I love your cats. I only have dogs because the boyfriend is allergic to cats. We can only have poodles. I used to have cats growing up and they will always be my first love!

FashionSnag

Tia said...

I sometimes have to take the time to sit back and realize how good I have it. It's so easy to focus on the negative. Love your cats!

Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!
http://mascaramamas.blogspot.com