Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Ahhh! Stop the Bombardment of Technology!






Do you ever feel as though you're being bombarded with technology?  I remember when I would write a letter, place an 8 cent stamp on the envelope and mail it.  I knew that it would be a week before I received one back.  I had pen pals and anticipated hearing from them.  I would worry about spelling words wrong.  Today, as far as the spelling goes, it seems to be going backwards.  My ten year old granddaughter and I communicate by email. At times we talk back and forth by instant message.  She's ten and can type as fast as I do.  She sent me an email with the letters lol, I asked what that was, she said "lots of laughs", I asked what about "lots of love"? Her answer "that 2".

As I said, a response from snail mail took about a week.  Today I opened my first Facebook account, within seconds I had friends to invite, acceptances and pages of comments! Talk about overwhelming! Though I can see the attraction of Facebook.  I thought I was spending too much time blogging, boy now I have another hobby to spend time on!

4 comments:

gaelikaa said...

Well, things have really accelerated nowadays. There's too much to do now!

gaelikaa.blogspot.com

Mary said...

Stopping over from SITS roll call to visit.

Yeah, times have changed for sure, sometimes I wonder if that's good really. Our younguns no longer seem to know how to hold face to face conversations with real people due to texting. So much easier to hide behind an emotionless keyboard than to really communicate with people. Sad really.

Mighty M said...

Have fun with Facebook. Like blogging, it can become pretty addicting. Old friends come out of the woodwork! Stopping by from SITS to say "hi"! ;-)

Carol @ TheWritersPorch said...

I use it as "laughing out loud" !