Tuesday, July 19, 2016

It Took Longer Than I thought To Retire!

Kelly, Judy, Liz & Marci


     Last August I posted that I intended to retire; so it took a little longer than expected.  I worked through March 2016 before finally not returning to work. It's different than I expected. I'm not bored, I've had more invites to do stuff than I expected, to the point I'm not fulfilling the main reason for retiring, writing. 
     The first rule I'm learning is to say no, why?
          1. People hear you're retired and comment "since you're not doing anything, could you do this 
               for me, now that you have the time".
          2. "So you don't get bored, you need to become involved in doing this..."
      I'm sure people mean well, but really, I have goals and it involves having an at home work                        schedule.  Plus I've worked for 50 years and I want to enjoy eating breakfast at eight a.m. and            watch the squirrels and birds while I drink my second cup of coffee, maybe even a third; so 
         what if I sleep past five a.m. even nine a.m. Though I have a hard time about sleeping past nine.
         I feel like I've wasted most of the day, (though once, the first couple of weeks, I slept till eleven
         a. m., I couldn't believe it, and I didn't even have that "ugh" feeling. 
     The second rule is stop spending my money, do not touch my savings account! I have been sur-
prised by how fast it is going. If I'm not careful I will be back working parttime.   
     All and all, so far, I'm enjoying retirement. I'm even mowing my yard again. 

Sweetie Pie and BayBay, Best Buds!


No comments: