Monday, August 3, 2015

I'm Going to Retire, Finally!

  
Esley & Frances Turner                                            Mom & Aunt Jessie

     In 2008, the year I started this blog was when I turned sixty, and I envisioned a new beginning, a turning point. I've learned that life has a way of jerking the ground out from under me. It hasn't been easy, what with surgeries, tornado damage and being car jacked, I began to question my security and even what is the point. Finally it was easier to just veg out in front of the television and sit on the couch. Of course that hasn't worked out either.
     So far this year, it's like all the bad stuff happened before I was able to begin drawing my social security, which I started doing at the beginning of this year. I turned sixty-six last October and now I'm able to continue to work while socking my social security check away. I can now earn as much as I want and still draw my check. Some people said I needed to work until I was seventy so I could draw more each month, but it made better since to draw and save, because the older I became the more likely my health would deteriorate.Now I have the beginning of a nest egg and I've decided to semi retire. 
     So, hopefully this will be a new beginning and a starting point.
      


5 comments:

Mommy Attorney said...

I'm excited for you!!!

Judy Harper said...

Thanks, Mommy! I'm kinda excited too!

Stephen T. McCarthy said...

JUDY, JUDY, JUDY! ~
That's fantastic! Now maybe we'll see you here posting a little more often? I miss ya when you go 2 or 3 or 6 months between blog installments.

~ D-FensDogG

Judy Harper said...

Thanks, Stephen! I hope I will be able to post more frequently as well! I do like to post.

N Harper said...

Judy, so glad you are retiring! At least you have shorter days now and Friday off. And I see a birthday is coming up next week!