Friday, September 12, 2014

November 2013 to September 2014-What a year!

Me,my daughter Jennifer,granddaughter
Shelby,grandson Sean. 4th of July 2013

     I can't believe it's been almost a year since I last posted. Time sure has flown by. Two important events transpired the past year, one was a total right knee replacement to go with the left. This happened on November 23, 2013. The right knee has taken longer to completely heal and I still can't walk up steps without slightly using a hand rail to pull myself up. But it is a so much better than before the surgery.
     The second event is that, due to the carjacking,you can read about it here,it had gotten to the point I didn't want to travel any distance that would prevent me from getting home before dark. In July 2014 I drove by myself and stayed with my daughter and family for four days and nights! I call that progress. 
     It's amazing the milestones we set for ourselves. 
     Now it's on to goals(and it's not even
          time for New Year's resolutions):
          (a) Organize and work on my 
              genealogy.
          (b) Get into physical shape.
          (c) Get back to my writing.
          (d) Blog

Me at 3 months
To grow is only natural,
Learning is part of the process,
Allowing stresses and distractions to
interfere with it all is nothing but
FEAR......
Fear of lack of confidence,
Fear of rejection,
Fear of not being loved.
FEAR..Four letters that can cover such a
big area of life..So much wasted time.



      

2 comments:

A said...

Judy, I was so happy to see you posted… it's been a long time. Hope your knee is ok & hope things are going well for you.

Judy Harper said...

A, it is getting better and I'm enjoying your posts as well. Not everyday I get to travel the world. You go to some of the neatest places!