Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Sixty and Thinking of Things Left Undone...


Me at Three months



     I saw a movie trailer this week where a man is caught doing something wrong, from the trailer, I think he found a manuscript written by someone else, but he had it published under his name, and claimed he had written it, and now, the real author has found him. A woman asks him why would he do that, his response, "I became frightened that I wouldn't accomplish what I thought I could do, that it wasn't ever going to happen."
     I began to ponder on what I haven't accomplished or had left undone or never even tried. At sixty, those thoughts can be depressing. Maybe what I need to do is first write about what I have accomplished, then make a list of what I would still like to try to accomplish.

2 comments:

Lisa @ Grandma's Briefs said...

There's still so much I want to accomplish and time's a ticking so I feel pressured to move even faster...which then makes me procrastinate. I need to make a list, too, and at the top of the to-do list (as is at the top of my mind always) is the GET A BOOK PUBLISHED. Came soooo close the last couple years, until my agent left the business this past year because publishing has gotten so crazy. Ah, well. Maybe I can accomplish a few of the other things in the meantime.

A said...

I think making a list of things accomplished first makes a lot of sense. I love the baby picture... adorable :-)))