Thursday, August 2, 2012

I Know I Watched Them Before, But I Like to See Them Again And Again!

Murder She Wrote

Andy Griffith Show
Law & Order-My favorite Cast members

The Big Bang Theory (Howard, Leonard/Penny/Sheldon/Rajesh

     Do you have shows you watch over and over, even though you've seen the episode before? 
     I have a few shows like that. I'm disappointed that TNT isn't showing Law and Order right now, I wonder why that is? I'm sorry, I can't get into "The Mentalist". Even though Simon Baker as "Patrick Jane" is an attractive man, the story lines just don't grab me! 
     My favorite Law and Order characters were S. Epatha Merkerson as Lt. Anita Van Buren, Jerry Orbach as Det. Lennie Briscoe, Jesse L. Martin as Det. Ed Green, Fred Dalton Thompson as D. A. Arthur Branch.
     And of course, there's the Andy Griffith show. This show was only on from October 1960 through April 1968, yet it's been on television forty-four years. It only has about 104 episodes, yet we still watch it, and enjoy the episode each time.
     My current favorite is the Big Bang Theory. The show is centered on five characters: roommates Leonard Hofstadter and Sheldon Cooper, two physicists who work at the California Institute of Technology (Caltech); Penny, a waitress and aspiring actress who lives across the hall; and Leonard and Sheldon's equally geeky and socially awkward friends and co-workers aerospace engineer Howard Wolowitz and astrophysicist Rajesh Koothrappali. The geekiness and intellect of the four guys is contrasted for comic effect with Penny's social skills and common sense. Who would have thought I'd laugh every time Sheldon knocks on Penny's door until she finally answers, his calling card "Penny" (knock, knock), "Penny" (knock, knock), "Penny" (knock knock). I keep waiting for her not to answer, but she always does usually with an unexpected response. Which throws him for a loop.
     Do you have a shows you repeatedly watch?

3 comments:

Stephen T. McCarthy said...

Hi, JUDY ~
Yeah, my all-time favorite TV series is 'The Andy Griffith Show', particularly the black & white episodes with Barney Fife (Don Knotts). I own the first six seasons on DVD.

Other TV shows that I have on DVD and watch repeatedly are 'Frasier', 'All In The Family', 'Moonlighting', and 'Everybody Loves Raymond'.

Having worked on 'M*A*S*H' for five seasons (and still receiving occasional residual checks for that work) you'd think 'M*A*S*H' would be a favorite TV show of mine, but it never was.

~ D-FensDogg
'Loyal American Underground'

Judy Harper said...

Moonlighting was one of my favorites too! I never realized you worked on MASH! Cool!

Stephen T. McCarthy said...

Hi, JUDY ~
I guess I’d just assumed you had seen the blog bit about my time working on MASH. I didn’t take into consideration that you kinda disappeared from these parts for awhile.

At any rate, if you’re interested, you can read it Here.

My Brother sorta talked me into putting that post together before I retired my blog ‘STUFFS’.

Did you like MASH at all?

~ D-FensDogg
‘Loyal American Underground’