Saturday, April 23, 2011

Aren't Nieces and Nephews Great!




 I have a good group of nieces and nephews. Actually two nieces and seven nephews.  My sister Susan has a daughter and four sons, and my brother Larry has a daughter and three sons.  All are smart and have done a lot with their lives such as putting themselves through college or serving in the peace corp.

It's exciting to watch them grow up and see what they're doing.  Today I received a phone call from my niece CH who's in the diplomat service and posted at a middle east country.  Both of us love to read and I had the pleasure of introducing her to great authors over the years.  It's curious how they choose their interests. CH is great at languages.  She can speak French, Spanish and Arabic, her favorite, I think. She takes after her Mom and Dad in so many ways.  When she and her Dad get together, be prepared for debates and political arguments, though why they love the politics, I don't know,  since both believe the same things.  I think it's just a way to spar.  Keep each other on their toes. She and her Mom love to travel and see the world. 

Anyway, it was great talking with her and seeing through hearing about a part of the world I've never visited.  She says the locale is very modern and without the scenery almost like being in America.  Though she appreciates and takes advantage of the sights. Even watching her Dad ride a camel! 

     

1 comment:

Monkey Migraine said...

That's pretty cool, all right

http://geektwins.blogspot.com