Saturday, January 29, 2011

Southerners are Sunshine People!




I know some of you will probably laugh at my snow and ice pictures, but we're not use to having to wear winter coats, gloves and hats to keep from freezing.  It's true we have cold weather for a day or two, but not for weeks! This has been going on since after Thanksgiving! Usually I wear a warm cape for protection, not only that, because we don't have the equipment, we've had to stay at home, hibernating! It's hard to function wearing sweaters and thick socks.  My deck so needs to be swept off, but the wind and cold makes me just stand at the door and look out.  Which is what I was doing on Monday, January 11th after the big ice and snow. I would have given anything if I'd had a video camera in my hands, because as I stood there a sparrow tried to land on my deck rail and slid right off, it was like a cartoon, it flew down and literally slid off, then tried it again, only it's little feet couldn't get any traction, he kept sliding forward until he had to fly away! Not even the Southern birds are equipped for this weather!

3 comments:

Amber said...

oh my goodness! That poor little bird! I can't help but giggle at your amount of snow and ice, but I know (i'm from tennessee, stationed in alaska) southerners aren't prepared for it! They have no need to be so when they get hit, they get hit hard!! I feel your pain! i'm ready for some sunshine!

Jules said...

I guess you got a "small" taste of our life up here in Wisconsin. Stay warm....

Agnes said...

My goodness Judy!! Unbelievable!!!