Thursday, August 26, 2010

Does Anyone Know How to Fix a Kitchen Sink!


Colonel Mustard, don't let the facial expression fool you, he's nothing but
a big ole doll!

My kitchen sink is clogged! Not in the trap, because I loosened the thingys and emptied what water and debris was there.  It still didn't help my slow draining SINK! With the economy as tight as it is, I'm trying to repair it myself.  Since I work for a plumbing supply house, I should be able to have someone come out and do the job reasonably.  But it doesn't seem to work that way with me.  I'm always hiring the wrong people.

Do you ever wonder if your life is like repairing the kitchen sink? You use it everyday, without maintenance, then one day, from being overused, just pushing down the stress, it backs up. It's becomes clogged, just a little clearing away doesn't help.  It's going to take some deep digging to clean it out. I gotta get some maintenance here fast.  

6 comments:

Stephen T. McCarthy said...

JUDY!-JUDY!-JUDY!
Sorry, I can't offer any original ideas about how to clear a clogged drain. (If I could, our kitchen sink wouldn't be backing up regularly on us either.)

But I gotta - have to - absolutely MUST say:

Colonel Mustard
Oh my, what a fantabulous, first-class name! Perfect! I'm not foolin', Judy, that goes immediately into my book (if I actually had one) of "All-Time Greatest Pet Names".

"Colonel Mustard" - dang, that is GREAT!
Love it!

~ D-FensDogg

Judy Harper said...

Stephen-My daughter named him, she loved the game Clue. He looks bigger than he is, but all that hair! How I came to own him is that I worked with lady in 2002, who didn't like cats because they ate her outdoor birds (duh). She would set out a cage, catch cats and take them to the Humane Society. Only problem is that when she caught Colonel Mustard, she didn't have the heart to do that to him. She asked me if I would take him, at first I said no until I saw him,once I saw him, my heart just melted and he was mine! lol

misssrobin said...

Awesome picture of your cat. He is adorable.

Our house is about seventy years old, so I think we get clogs more often than most. Enough that I bought a second, smaller plunger just for the sink and bathtub. It's been wonderful. Between that and Drano we've only had to call for help once or twice (I think we borrowed a plumbing snake from a neighbor both times).

What a great analogy. My life gets clogged way to often. I guess that would make my therapist my plumber. No wonder therapy is so expensive.

Great post.

misssrobin said...

Awesome picture of your cat. He is adorable.

Our house is about seventy years old, so I think we get clogs more often than most. Enough that I bought a second, smaller plunger just for the sink and bathtub. It's been wonderful. Between that and Drano we've only had to call for help once or twice (I think we borrowed a plumbing snake from a neighbor both times).

What a great analogy. My life gets clogged way to often. I guess that would make my therapist my plumber. No wonder therapy is so expensive.

Great post.

Tired Mom T├ęsa said...

Your cat is adorable! Clogged sinks are such a pain aren't they. Hope you can get it fixed soon and hope you are feeling better soon too.

arlee bird said...

I'm the unhandyman who when I try to fix something I often make it worse and it later costs me more to fix it. My life has often been like that. I guess I inherited a lot from my father, who was not very handy at all. I've always managed to get my other sinks unclogged except for my kitchen sink. Sometimes grease will accumulate, even though I never directly dump grease in there, and I will have to call a plumber to do the special things that I'm afraid to mess with. Repairman love me.

Lee
Tossing It Out