Saturday, January 23, 2010

A Birthday For a Sweet Girl!

Well, I now have security lighting on my back deck.  My brother came over today and installed a new motion sensor lighting for me.  At this very moment, my deck and back yard is bright with light.  The spot where the shadow came to life is now out in the light.  I do feel much better!

Sunday is my granddaughter's eleventh birthday.  Last night my daughter sponsored her birthday party.  She came up with the idea of an indoor swim party at a local hotel. Jennifer got two hotel rooms located poolside, and with a connecting door between the rooms. She called me this morning around 9:00 AM laughing about how the girls had really enjoyed the party.  They pretty much stayed up all night, until 4:30 this morning.  At which time they were going to set their alarm to wake them at 6:30 because, "this just didn't happen".  Meaning they would need to fix their hair and dress before going to breakfast.  Jennifer said when she went in at seven, they were laying scattered all over the bed and floor, still asleep. Hopefully she took a picture to send me!

She loves the water!

Happy Birthday Sweet Girl!

5 comments:

Agnes said...

Happy birthday to the birthday girl :-)
The motion sensor is a brilliant idea!

Mommy Attorney said...

Happy Birthday S!

I'm glad to hear about your new lights.

Mattenylou said...

Happy to hear you have new lighting. You'll never realize how many stray cats you have roaming around until you get one of these... lol. Don't let it scare you when it turns on... remind yourself,'it's just another cat'

sheeza said...

happy birthday to her.

Too Tired Tesa said...

Glad to hear you feel better about the lighting. A motion light sensor is a great idea. We have one on our garage and I love it.

Sounds like your granddaughter had a blast at the party. Those are some memories I'm sure she won't forget. What a great idea!