Thursday, November 26, 2009

JUST ABOUT TODAY IN MY LIFE- Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday!  It's all about family, and what food to bring.  There are no presents to wonder about, it's all about eating and being thankful!

Ah, family.  During the year, do you remember the moments of tension.  Such as when Aunt Sally walks in, then you remember, "Oh dear"! Or Uncle John, "Let me head to the other room." I find that I look forward to each year.  I forget about the dysfunctional parts until we're driving there or as up above, they arrive.  I still would go. There's something about getting together with family that's reassuring.  I find my roots there. Here's some things I'm thankful for:
***********************

1.  That I have the ability to worship God.
2.  That I have the most wonderful daughter in the world
3.  That I have the best grandchildren, who are healthy and looking forward to me coming out for Christmas.
4.  That I have family to share Thanksgiving with.
5.  That I have a job.
6.  That I have food to put on the table.
7.  That I have my health.
8.  That I have people serving in the military and away from home this Thanksgiving, to guarantee my        .
     freedom.
9.  That all my family is healthy and safely at their destinations.
10.That I can post to this blog and say what I mean and mean what I say!


Shelby, Mom & Sean 09


Jennifer & Shelby, Thanksgiving 08


Sean & Jennifer Thanksgiving 08



The Turner Side having fun! My Mom's side of the family.



My cousin and nephew



Nothing like good food!


The Harper Siblings, Hazel, Flora, Bernum, Jessie, Clifford



The McCains (Flora Harper)


What a group the Harper's are!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!




4 comments:

Agnes said...

Ah, such a lovely post :-)
Happy Thanksgiving, Judy.

giftsofthejourney said...

Great post Judy! I hope you've had a nice day too.

Feeling Fit With Dana said...

So glad that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I know what you mean, I love getting together with our family, no matter how odd the moments can be at times. Love your post!

sheeza said...

wonderful.... judy with wonderful family.

keep smiling and enjoy many more thanksgiving days..

:-)