Saturday, October 31, 2009

JUST ABOUT TODAY IN MY LIFE- It's Halloween

It's days like today that I miss having young children to take trick or treating.  When I grew up, we didn't really celebrate the event.  I don't remember why, it might have been due to the fact that living in a rural area,  neighbors were far away and plus we lived way off the main highway. When my daughter was young, we lived in the city. She loved dressing up and going around the neighborhood.  Usually the moms would get together and watch the kids travel up and down streets we chose because we knew they were safe.  Jennifer still enjoys trick or treating with her children.  Here are some pictures of them over the years!



Oh wait, this isn't Halloween, it's his birthday!



Shelby & Sean 2005



I think I see a unicorn!




Oh I believe I've found one of the 101 Dalmatians!




I know it's not Halloween, but she does look like a princes for the prom!



Purrrfect and faster than a speeding bullet!



The cat waits to pounce!



Superman!




Shelby the Princess-Halloween 08


A pirate Sean Be!


HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! 




Colonel Mustard the Halloween Cat!!


16 comments:

Jules said...

I love the pirate one, so cute.

The Redhead Riter said...

Double, double toil and trouble;
fire burn and cauldron bubble.
~ Shakespeare "Macbeth"~

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

farfalla said...

Wooow.
The photos are simply pretty!
Stopping in from SITS.

Agnes said...

Awww great pictures! I love Halloween, Judy.
By the way, we didn't get any trick-or-treaters last night, not one!

p.s.: What a BEAUTIFUL cat!!!!!

Mighty M said...

Thanks for sharing the photos - I love the kitty! Do you get many trick or treaters at your house? We live in a great trick or treating neighborhood. It was a fun night! :)

Namine said...

I love the superman flying pic!! Visiting from SITS!

Quasi Serendipita said...

Visiting from SITS :) The first one in particular made me smile - my mother has many similar pictures of my sister and me! Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

MelRoXx said...

lovely pictures!

sheeza said...

wow great pictures.


so lovely too

gaelikaa said...

Very nice. I enjoyed the post.

roadrunner201 said...

Superman cracks me up!

We tried to get my son to demolish his birthday cake when he turned one last month, but he just gingerly picked at it. . . oh well.

Stopping by from SITS! Have a great day!

Melissa B. said...

Thanks for sharing these Superior Snaps. And Colonel Mustard is too cute...SITS sent me by, and I'm glad they did!

Horseshoes & Hand Grenades

Helen McGinn said...

I'm loving the costumes; the dog and kitty are adorable. I can't wait for my trick or treating days to be over; I'm happy organising parties and costumes but the cold tramp through the streets as half a dozen kids run off into the dark wilderness gets my heart racing-the party at the end was good though! ;O) x

Joy said...

Awesome photostory! Love that little dalmation. ;o)

Stopping by from the SITS Halloween Parade!

Aleta said...

Great pictures! Loved the "cat pose." I I just saw the CATS performance and she'd fit in perfectly!!

Sharon said...

love the superman shot!