Saturday, October 17, 2009

JUST ABOUT TODAY IN MY LIFE-Favorite Spaces In A Room



Are there certain spaces in different areas in your house that you love to look at or sit in?  I have three spaces like that, my dinning room




My deck after a snow storm this past Mar09


Summer with a squirrel I've named Bob


This summer June09, my mom & grandson shooting each other with water guns


A couple of years back with my granddaughter pondering life (actually sulking, but so cute)



and what I call my sunroom, with my cat Sabby





When I look at them or sit in these spaces, they have such a calming effect.  I can only think that is because the dinning room reminds me of Okinawa, where I spent a a year of my life and was transported to a different cultural and have such wonderful memories.  The deck because it looks out on beautiful scenery and is built in such a way that I have the allusion of space.  It's also at the back of the house where I can hear the birds and enjoy the quiet.  And the sunroom because of the white which reminds me of clean, clear and sunshine.  It's wonderful to have such spaces, don't you think.

11 comments:

Melinda said...

Love the deck! It does look so peaceful. With two kids at home, it's often difficult to find a quiet place in my house! ;0)

Stopping by from SITS!

www.parentingconfessions.com

Katie said...

NICE! I love the pic of your mom and your grandson. Thats adorable!

Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!!!

www.sugarspicebaby.blogspot.com

Agnes said...

I feel the same way. Certain areas of the house are so relaxing...

I am in love with your patio by the way!

Mighty M said...

I thought your dining room had an Asian vibe to it - very nice. I think our back deck is where I feel most at peace, although usually my kids are around too so it is not always as peaceful as I would like. ;-)

Jules said...

I totally agree. For us it is our front porch. We sit out there every time we get the chance. The only bad part is we only have a few months to really enjoy it here in Wisconsin.

MelRoXx said...

beautiful! x

Tonya said...

Great pictures.
Visiting from SITS. Have a blessed weekend.
www.tuesdaysattonyas.blogspot.com

Mattenylou said...

I think we all need out little corner, for me it is a screened in porch in the summer. Winter time, I like my rocker near the radiator, with my knitting basket, an afghan and a stack of books nearby. Nice seeing your little corner of the world!

JanMary said...

I love to see the same view indifferent seasons - thanks for sharing.

The Redhead Riter said...

I have a few things for you on my blog :o)

http://theredheadriter.blogspot.com

giftsofthejourney said...

Your home looks lovely and peaceful ...I can see why it would be difficult to move to Oklahoma.