Sunday, October 25, 2009

JUST ABOUT TODAY IN MY LIFE: A Fabulous Weekend!

Have you ever just had one of those fabulous weekends?  It's not that there is a big event, it's just the little things.  The sun is shining in all it's glory.


Buck's Pocket







 I woke up feeling good.  Now that I have caller ID I didn't answer any of those telemarketer phone calls! I spent thirty minutes chatting on Facebook with my granddaughter as we played Farmville. I know I've said this before in my other posts, she's 10 going on 25.  She is so much like my daughter that it is unbelievable!


Shelby age 10


Jennifer 10-12

I had an interesting chat with another a fellow blogger from a blog I follow.  Don't you just love to find out facts about people?  It helps to understand where they're coming from.  Their insights and comments help me to build a profile of who they are.  The sharing of information, such as feelings toward parents, and why you want to do particular projects is so great.

Then my daughter called and we talked for a while.  I got to listen to my grandson in the background.  Have you ever heard of the term "free spirit" or "they travel a road all their own"?  That's my 7 year old grandson.




 



 

Then this morning I was up early, made it to Sunday School on time.  We had a very good discussion.  We're studying Master Work.  This morning began the series with Billy Graham, Peace with God.  We spent more than a few moments on Solomon's conclusion in his Great Quest of Ecclesiastes 2:11.   With all his wives, concubines, wealth and power none of these gave him fulfillment. He found them meaningless, a chasing after the wind, nothing was gained. In one of your loneliest moments, have you ever looked at your friends and acquaintances and thought "These people are chasing after something but don't really know what. They think rising in their fields is it or making more money or going out night clubbing, drinking, being loud, laughing loud."  Then you come to the same conclusion as Solomon, "it's just chasing after the wind, nothing fills the hole in your soul".

Billy Graham's  comments points to Jesus, God and the Bible.  The Bible is a guidance manual. Its words are forever.  It revives the soul, helps make a person wise, gives joy and is a lamp unto my feet.

Now I'm sitting here writing, listening to Colonel Mustard snore as he sleeps in one of the chairs.  A peaceful ending to the weekend. Well almost, I still need to wash a few clothes. There's still about four more good hours to enjoy, so go enjoy!










11 comments:

Agnes said...

What a beautiful post Judy. like "uneventful" weekends...

Your grand daughter is so pretty!!!

Enjoy the rest of the day :-)

p.s.: And YES to Caller ID!!! :-D

Mighty M said...

Can't believe you waited so long for caller id - it rocks! :-) Sounds like you had a very fulfilling weekend!

Mrs. Call Me Crazy said...

I wish I had your weekend!

Oh, and I just acted like it never happened with the CFO and COO. I've worked there for so long that I think I can just get away with it.

Thanks for the follow!

Your grandchildren are so cute!

Meredith

Kim said...

Your grandchildren are so lucky to have a Grandma like you! A Grandma who's weekend is that much brighter just because they are in it. I know exactly what you mean about caller id and those telemarketers! Such a blessing to not have to hear from them anymore! Better to focus on the phone calls of those who matter!

Aleta said...

You started your blog about sunshine and filled the post with that light, from beginning to end. Enjoyed seeing the pictures of your family.

gaelikaa said...

Your grandkids are lovely. And I find that book Ecclesiastes quite empty unless there was Jesus to follow. It's amazing how all the Biblical books just fit into each other, isn't it?

Mattenylou said...

Is that a squirrel enjoying the sunshine on your railing? looks like everyone had a nice relaxing weekend!

Dori said...

You have adorable grandchildren. Your weekend sounded great...I love weekends like that :)

2 Toddlers and Me said...

Glad you had a great weekend. It looks like a lot of fun. And how much do your daughter and granddaughter look alike? It's incredible!

I love the name of your cat too, very cute!

Pollyanna said...

Caller ID is a glorious thing! We avoid unknown numbers like the plague.

Sounds like a wonderfully relaxing weekend. With two small children, this kind of weekend is wishful thinking on my part. Although, I realize someday, I will miss the hustle & bustle - it's a Catch-22.

Helen McGinn said...

What gorgeous pics; your kids and grandkids are lovely. I love those kind of weekends although it's been a while...think I'm due one soon. :O)
x