Wednesday, September 9, 2009

My Granddaughter-Miss Sunshine



Tuesday was a rather busy day at work, after the Monday holiday, plus I took off Thursday and Friday as well.  I'm hoping I will finish the month end in order to do payroll tomorrow!  I digress. The church I go to, First Baptist, is having a weekly hour of prayer on Tuesday evenings.  I rushed home, fed my animals then sped off to the church.  When I returned home, I went to my computer to check my mail.  No sooner had I sat down than my phone rings, it was my granddaughter, Shelby.  Shelby is my daughter's first born, she's ten going on 25,  a regular mother hen.  The reason Shelby was calling was to tell me that her mom had just opened up her a Gmail mail account, we checked it out and found we could chat back and forth, which we did for the next 30 minutes.  She was so excited, using words like "this is awesome, so cool, fun".  It amazes me how computer literate she is and how most kids her age are.  She knew shortcuts for words like lol stands for lots of laughs (I asked, what about lots of love).  Needless to say, I enjoyed the thirty minutes much more than talking on the phone (which we both hate to do, not so my daughter, Jennifer and grandson, Sean). 

     Wednesday morning is my day to pick up breakfast, from Chick-Fil-A for the customers and employees where I work.  Usually I arrive around 7:00 am, except on Wednesdays.  It was 7:45 am before I turned on my computer and checked my mail.  To my surprise, I had a message from Shelby where she tried to chat with me at 7:31 am.  I emailed her back, calling her Miss Sunshine.  Tonight when I checked my messages, she had sent me another email and signed it Miss Sunshine.  I think she liked that label, so I'm going to call her Miss Sunshine. I think she was pleased with the name.

4 comments:

Mommy Bear said...

Aww that is such a cute nickname for her!

Feeling Fit With Dana said...

Stopping by from SITS! Cute granddaughter and even cuter name! I love that she likes it :)

We just had our first granddaughter. She turned 2 weeks old yesterday. Looking forward to the day when we can chat with each other.

♥ Teresa ♥ said...

I'm stopping by from SITS to share some comment love! Your granddaughter is beautiful! I'm glad you are enjoying emailing her. My oldest grandson is 6 and just got his first email address (mother supervised, of course). I love to chat with him on it. I am very much like you, I do NOT like the telephone and I avoid it at all cost! I'm ever so thankful for the internet!

Well, I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Many Blessings,

Teresa <><

But You Look So Good.......

http://toomanyheartbeats.blogspot.com/2009/09/but-you-look-so-good.html

jennie.newland said...

She is too cute! Is it not funny how "old" the young kids are now! At 10 I was more worried about playing outside and riding my bike. Now my God-Daughter at 10 has a cell phone and knows how to text and facebook and all that! I feel so old! Dropping by from SITS! Happy SITS Saturday!