Monday, September 26, 2011

Caffeine and Four Hours of Sleep!

By Judy Harper

     Have you noticed the days are getting shorter?  It's night time by seven in the evening and the sun doesn't come up until six fifteen in the morning. I have had a hard time getting up! It's even getting cooler. A lot of my birds have left.
     I tried a new recipe today.  It was really good! I call it my "Green" chicken salad. You take a baked chicken breast (I tried Oregano this time and loved it!), slice and dice into cubes.
     In your food processor place two hand fulls of fresh spinach, a1/2 tsp of sea salt, 3 tablespoons of  mayonaise, and 2 tsps of  sweet relish. and 1/2 cup of diced apple (optional), or if you want chunky salad, add after you make the paste. Then push the button and make a paste. Add to your paste the diced chicken and if you waited, the apples and a pinch of sea salt. Press the stir button and mix until it reached the right consistency for you, me, I liked it chunky. Because of the spinach, it will be green, but it is delicious! Enjoy!

2 comments:

Agnes said...

I'm gonna try it :-)

dkzody said...

Sounds like a great way to get some extra greens into one's diet. Thanks for sharing. I love chicken salad.