Saturday, December 4, 2010

I Use To Think I Could Multi-Task or Let's Get Back To Our Past!

Interesting, but there's no way we're stepping out in the snow!
Sabby & Max

On November 1st of this year, I did the NaNoWriMo, also known as National Novel Writing Month.  The goal was to write 50,000 words in 30 days.  I didn't know what to expect, but I learned a lot.  The number one lesson is do not plan any other activities for the month, things like planning events that will require several hours of your time outside work as any spare time should be spent on writing, because once you get behind, it's hard to catch up as the goal is to write 1700 words a day.  While I didn't make the 50,000, I did write 20,250 words. I learned, also, that to write requires concentration and focus, so there is no multi-tasking! Not for me anyway, maybe the more I sit down and write, the easier it will become. 

We covered what to do with information on my last post.  Has anyone sent in any DNA samples and received their results? If you haven't, now is a good time to do this as they are running year end specials! Check out this site for information, Family Tree DNA-Genetic Testing, they are running good deals.  Don't be afraid to do DNA testing, this isn't like the DNA testing they do on Forensic Files or any television show.  This DNA is specific for genetic testing, what family you belong to.  It doesn't say John Smith is now in our data banks, like a prisoner or anything.  It says, this person belongs to this Smith's family.  Totally different set of rules. Here is a link to see what a Turner (my mom's family) DNA chart looks like, Turner DNA Chart,and Home Page. My DNA is a little past half way down, the light green, kit # 29571, Esley Turner. Take a look and see how this has helped the three of us get in touch and trying to compare and find our connection.




2 comments:

Lisa @ Grandma's Briefs said...

Congrats on knocking out as many words as you did! I find that impressive!

I'll have to check out that DNA info. Sounds pretty interesting. I'd never heard of such a thing. Thanks for sharing!

Judy Harper said...

Lisa-Thanks! You can also check out the Ancestry.com DNA testing, the only thing there is that you have to subscribe to Ancestry.com.