Thursday, July 15, 2010

THURSDAY AND IT'S HOT!

Fun way to beat the heat!


Can you believe this heat and humidity!  I've set my air conditioner temp at 76, just so it can get a break and not run continuously! Usually I keep it at 74 or 73, those 2 degrees make a difference! There are so many things to pray for, rain, cooler air and less humidity. I'm sitting here thinking about how cold it was in February and March.  The biting wind blowing against my skin, it so cold my fingers hurt. Having to wear a heavy coat because it was so cold outside.  Then I remember some of Lou's pictures of the snow, a foot of it piled high.  The leaves on the bushes stiff from ice.  It just made me want to sit inside by the fire.

My computer crashed on me and I'm having to copy files to my new one. What a chore! Thankfully, I had regularly backed up my files and had everything saved.  If you don't back up your pictures and writings, you may be in for a big surprise one day, especially in today's virus world.  So, speaking from experience, there is a need to back up your files on a c/d or flash drive.

I'm sitting here looking out my window at a firetruck and ambulance that pulled up across the street at my neighbors.  They are an unusual mix of people.  He's in his forties and suffers from reflux.  Rather than having his wife drive him to the hospital, he calls the paramedics and an ambulance.  I guess that's where people are different, I drove myself to the hospital when I thought I was having a heart attack because I was afraid it would turn out to be indigestion and I would be embarrassed to have called an ambulance for that reason.  Of course my brother fussed at me, saying what if I had wrecked.  My response was that I would certainly have been taken to the emergency room either way.  It's odd what "phobias" ,not for sure of the term, people have and won't do because of them.

It takes some time to get back into writing doesn't it.  I've got to start reading and catching up with my blogging friends.  But now I must get ready for tomorrow and Friday.  I will be having to work the front desk and answer the phone, not my favorite thing to do, because Liz is taking a day of vacation.  So good night until tomorrow!

4 comments:

Agnes said...

I am so glad you're back Judy :-)

You know, for some reason I am really liking the heat this year. And the rain. And yes, I agree, the word 'ambulance' is not synonymous with 'taxi cab'. But your brother is right, do call 911 if you're having symptoms of a heart attack -- better safe than sorry.

Have a wonderful weekend Judy.

Mighty M said...

Stay cool! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!! :)

gaelikaa said...

Well, don't be under pressure. Your blogging friends are waiting for you patiently....

gaelikaa said...

Gosh, I think Ilost my comment, well maybe not. Perhaps, like me, you have moderation on...