Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Sixty, Single AND Cooking!

Judy's Veggie Bread-08/11

Judy's Veggie Bread First Time

I took a day of vacation today and around ten o'clock after watching Bobby Flay make a pizza on the grill, I became so hungry!

Now, as I mentioned before, I'm learning to like cooking.  Though for one person, sometimes it can be complicated.  I've bought some of the spices, dry, not fresh until I'm sure this isn't a phase I'm going through. Though I'm backing off of Rosemary, I think I may have overused it.  Anyway, I'm hungry and go into the kitchen to see if I have any of the items Bobby Flay mentioned.  I didn't but I remembered seeing another show last week about some kind of bread, seems like it starts with an "F".  It was dough spread out on a pan, olive oil drizzled over it, onions, garlic gloves and grapes of all things.  Well, I had the dough, sort of, pan, sort of, olive oil, onions, garlic and grapes, sort of, and Basil. Here's what I made (see above pictures-looks nice doesn't it?)

1 can of Pillsbury 6 biscuits
1 drizzle of Olive Oil (light for cooking)
1 pinch of Basil
1 qtr cup of chopped onions
8 grape tomatoes, sliced
10 green olives sliced
1 qtr cup of shredded Cheddar and Monterrey Jack cheese 

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Now, I haven't bought any new pans, because as I've said before, this may be a phase.  So I took a long glass baking dish, about 9" by something, lined it with aluminum foil(pan doesn't brown and easy to clean up).

Chop the onions, slice tomatoes and olives. Now I mentioned gloves of garlic, but I forgot to use, so I'll try that next time. Now be careful on the veggies, you might do like I did and cut too many and have to stand at the counter and eat leftovers, which is okay, but be forewarned!

Open the can of biscuits, roll into a ball.  On counter or cutting board, press out and pull until thin and even or as even as you can, thin anyway without holes. Place in pan, drizzle(I mean a little) light olive oil over dough, then scatter a pinch of dried, chopped Basil across it. Evenly scatter cheese, then veggies.  I then sprayed butter flavored Pam over the veggies. Cooked at 450 for 12 minutes. (Need to watch as some ovens might be hotter and you don't want to burn). Ummm! It is good!

Now if you want it crisper, you might leave off that Pam spray, but I love my end result!

4 comments:

jules said...

That sounds absolutely delicious....

My hubby is gone for work a lot and I could make this for myself.

the wild magnolia said...

This sound good, good enough to try.

Thank you.

Amish Stories said...

Thanks very much for the comments left on my blog Amish Stories. And please be safe out there with Irene coming into our area. Richard from Amish Stories.

Judy Harper said...

Jules/Magnolia-I enjoyed making and eating!
Richard-Thanks! I like your site.