Sunday, January 31, 2010

SUNDAY LETS TRAVEL TO: Cozumel, Mexico

Cozumel, Mexico by way of Fantasy 

The day we arrived in Cozumel, the wind was blowing something fierce.  Thankfully it was warm!  The first thing my niece and I did was to go into one of the shops and purchase a bag to carry the camera, water and purse.  Trying to keep up with all three turned into a problem. 

As you will note, Jan 05, 08, so Christmas decorations were still up.

The bright, cheerful colors!

A lot of curb side diners!

Like I said, a lot of curbside diners

Don't you just love this color?

My niece and I had decided we would rent an a land jeep.  It had two seats and we drove in a group to sightsee the island, ending in going out in the ocean to see the fish of the island.

 
Hmmm-are we sure about this?

Line em up, head em out, Rawhide!

They said to drive 35 mph, I think they're driving faster than that.

My niece driving..They told us we had to wear these goggles (no way you're going to see me) for protection against wind, sand and debris.  Personally I think it was a way to get back at the tourist.  Every time they looked at how silly we looked, they laughed!

Scenery..

Next week I'll pick up hear and take you to see their Mexican eagles, how the first settlers to Cozumel were able to predict the arrival of storms and yellow coconuts!  If you have pictures, send me your link and I'll list it here for others to come and see!



9 comments:

Agnes said...

I love it!!
Never been to Mexico, it's definitely on my short list :-)

Judy Harper said...

Agnes-I was surprised at how rural the country looked. There was very little traffic along the way. Made me curious as to where the people lived. It almost looked deserted!

gaelikaa said...

That was an interesting trip Judy. A great read.

Teri said...

Great pictures! Looks like fun...

sheeza said...

your trip looks fantastic.

wishing one same trip for my self to relax and enjoy.

:-)

trankins78 said...

Judy,
It's great to see a fellow Alabama lady enjoying life and doing big things! It's my prayer that I can aid my mom in getting out there and enjoying life, as well. I'd love to be able to take trips with her like this one day soon. You're such a great inspiration!

Tesa said...

That looks like a wonderful trip! I have never been to Cozumel, but went to Cancun once and had a nice time. The jeeps look fun!

Looking forward to the next installment!

By the way, you have an award waiting for you on my blog. Congrats!

septembermom said...

I feel like I'm there with you!! Love your description of the area. I wish to visit there someday too.

Jenny said...

Love your pictures of Mexico. I haven't been there in quite some time. Definitely need to take another trip! Thank you.