Wednesday, January 6, 2010

JUST ABOUT TODAY IN MY LIFE-Two Ships Passing in the Night


My ship is the Fantasy on the right!





You ever heard the expression "Two Ships passing in the Night"?  There's several ways this comment is so true.  One way is just as it sounds, ships passing in the night.  When I went on a cruise in January 2008, sometimes I would wake up and the only sound I heard was the slight throbbing of the ships engines.  It wasn't loud as I was eight decks above the engine rooms, but in the quiet of the night, I could feel it and hear it, that's when I would pull back the curtains on the window and look at at the black sea and sky.  Sometimes off in the distance I would see another ship's lights and watch it glide slowly by.  As I sat there, I wondered about the people aboard.

Another way this phrase fits is blogging friends.  Sometimes you only meet them through one comment they leave.  But that one comment can sometimes give you so much information. Such as where they live, what's on their mind. They leave such a kind comment or an encouraging word.  Just that moment in time, that passing in the night can mean so much.  It's amazing how many people I'v met from all over the world.  The lives I've learned about, just with writing! People are truly interesting!  It's amazing!


My youngest, Miss Priss

4 comments:

sheeza said...

fantastic judy. really a brilliant way to tell your followers that how concern you are for them.

so sweet

arlee bird said...

I too am amazed by the number of people from all over the world we have access to thru blogging. In my last job I would deal with customers from all over the world thru telephone and emails. I always thought it was so interesting when one of these customers would be visiting the U.S and stop by my office for a visit.
Someday I hope I can meet some of my blogging friends face to face and enjoy some real conversational interchange. Friendships can be nutured over the internet, but real friendships can be made over dinner.

Lee

arlee bird said...

I too am amazed by the number of people from all over the world we have access to thru blogging. In my last job I would deal with customers from all over the world thru telephone and emails. I always thought it was so interesting when one of these customers would be visiting the
U.S and stop by my office for a visit.

Someday I hope I can meet some of my blogging friends face to face and enjoy some real conversational interchange. Friendships can be nutured over the internet, but real friendships can be made over dinner.

Lee

Judy Harper said...

Sheeza-I have found blogging to be a life saver! I especially enjoy new bloggers, such as you, grow and reach out and then having a following! You are growing by leaps and bounds!

Lee-I do so much better at writing than face to face! You're so lucky at having the ability to nuture one on one, face to face. I envy that!