Friday, November 6, 2009

Friday, such an unusual day!



Summer is over!


Fall is here!

I am so glad it's Friday!  I don't know why I feel so tired and drained.  I'm all cozied up at home now.  As I sit here and write, the TV is off, it's night outside, the kitties have eaten and are laying around comfortable and quiet.  All I hear is an occasional car drive by and the ticking clock sounding off the seconds.  Do you like hot chocolate?  With me, it comes in spells.  Right now I'm love having a cup with my dinner, even if it was just a bologna sandwich.  The steam rising from the cup as I wait for the small marshmellows to melt and add more flavor.

My Loose Blog Consortium was posted today.  We wrote about Heaven.  It was interesting to see how each of us dealt with the subject.  Very thought provoking, the different views of heaven and the after life.  If you want to read the different articles, go here .

It's been a beautiful week here, with the sunshine and dry air, the leaves have fallen to the ground and my day tomorrow will be spent mulching leaves.

Below are two of the canvas rugs I've painted and given away.  They last two to three years in a regular travel area.  My sister-in-law has the top one on the floor of her guest bathroom off of the kitchen/dinninroom area.  The first one I painted for her lastes three years.  Once the picture is painted, of course learning how to paint is the hardest part, and the canvas taken off the frame, I spray it with a clear acrylic sealer gloss several times, letting it dry fifteen minutes between each spray.  Once I spray the final sealer on, I then let it dry at least 24 hours, though I'd rather wait three days. I then spray it with a matte Damar varnish, letting it dry some between sprays.  I spray five or six times.  Wait at least 48 hours, preferably 72 hours to a week before you lay it down on the floor to walk on.  I'm starting to work on some now for birthdays and Christmas.












4 comments:

gaelikaa said...

What a multi-talented person you are - a writer, and a crafter too! Wow!

sheeza said...

Any sort of creativity inspires me ever. And you know painting and poetry is my passion. creative and new art is really inspire me, as yours too. i am really thinking to paint something.

judy thanks for reminding me that paints are the part of my life.

:)

Agnes said...

Ah, hot chocolate! You're planting ideas in my head, Judy :-D

Mighty M said...

You are very talented! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!